Saturday, February 5, 2011

Robert Tepper's 1985 hit "No Easy Way Out!" from the movie Rocky IV.


As I was searching for the right video to post of Robert Tepper’s 1985 hit, “No Easy Way Out”, I had this song cranked up and I asked my wife if she remembered this song.  She said, “Is it from “The Legend of Billie Jean?” I said, “No!” She said, “Is it from Footloose?” I said, “Nooo!” she said, “It’s not from one of those Dance movies is it?” I said, “Noooooooooooooooooooo!!”
Then I thought, “Wait! She’s not the Rocky freak (gasp!) that I am!

Yes. Yes, it’s true. “Yes” is the answer to your question. Yes, I have the Rocky Anthology. I have all 6 movies in my “Gold Collection”. Rocky IV is one of my favorites! Especially the soundtrack (of course the first Rocky is my all time favorite).

Did you know that Rocky IV made $127.8 million in United States and Canada and $300 million worldwide? That was the most of any Rocky film!  It was the highest-grossing sports film of all time until 2009's The Blind Side which grossed $309 million!

“I Must Break You!” Remember that line? Now that was a classic scene!!

But, one of the best scenes in the movie is the “car scene” where Rocky is having a flashback of events that occurred in his past.  I remember watching the movie and hearing this song and thinking, “Hey…..when did Rocky learn how to drive?” Anyway, I remember getting all pumped up wanting to go to the gym or go running!!

You know, wouldn’t it be cool if, when we’re really going through some crisis, we could actually hear a song out loud in real life that everyone could hear that makes us reflect, look back and think about making the right decisions and gets us pumped up wanting to go to the gym or go running?

I think I’ll go watch it again for the 60 millionth time!

No comments:

Post a Comment