Monday, March 7, 2011

Buckner & Garcia's Top Ten Hit Single, "Pac-Man Fever!"


When I was in Jr. High and High School, I can remember going to my favorite arcade game rooms (especially the one in the Sunrise Mall in Corpus Christi) spending ENDLESS amounts of quarters playing video games for HOURS! Wow! I’m getting depressed just thinking about all that money I wasted on those games “back in the day”! I loved playing Pac-Man although I have to admit that my favorite was Space Invaders and Asteroids.

It’s funny to think that Pac-Man just celebrated its 30 year anniversary! Wow! How time flies!
Pac-Man was first released in Japan in 1980 and is considered to be one of the classics and an icon of 1980s popular culture. As soon as it came out, the game became a social phenomenon that sold a ton of merchandise and inspired, among other things, an animated television series and this 1982 top top-ten hit single, “Pac-Man Fever” by Buckner & Garcia.

Pac-Man is one of the longest running video game franchises from the golden age of video arcade games and succeeded by creating a new genre and appealing to both genders.

It’s among the most famous arcade games of all time and has the highest brand awareness of any video game character. It’s actually on display at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

I gotta tell ya! I got a Pac-Man Fever!! And the only prescription……is more cowbell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment