Monday, March 21, 2011

Madcon versus Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons?


A few years ago, I fell in love with this song called “Beggin’” by a group called Madcon, a Norwegian hip-hop group. 

As I started researching this song, I came to realize and was embarrassed that I had no idea it was a remake of the famous 1967 Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons song, “Beggin’”!

Madcon's version of the song is a total re-recording of all instruments by the production team 3Elementz, and all vocals by Madcon. This single went 6 times platinum and was the highest selling song in Norway in 2007, and received the "Hit of the Year".

"Beggin'" was actually composed in 1967 by Keyboardist/songwriter Bob Gaudio and the lyrics were written by Peggy Farina (lead singer on the song “My Boyfriend’s Back”).

I was not aware that Bob Gaudio had also written or co-written almost every single Four Seasons hit!

I love the fact that a song in the 60’s can be a hit again 40 years later by adding a little rap and then making it sound like it’s from the 70’s!!

Sad to say, I wonder how many Madcon fans even know who Frankie Valli is?


Hey, wait.......doesn't he look like Frank Stallone????

Wow! These guys not only look alike, they're both singers and they're both named Frank! What a trip!




ANYWAY....I digress......

What’s funny is, if you didn’t know the title when listening to the song, you would think he was saying…. “Peggy!...Peggy Sue.. ooh ooh ooh…”

So, if I compare both versions.....my favorite version would be ?? Frankie's of course!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment