Monday, January 10, 2011

Men at Work! "Overkill!"



“Overkill” was one of my favorite songs from the group Men at Work! This was one of those songs where for years I would sing the wrong lyrics before someone said….”What are you singing?” I would say, “Go Somewhere and Fade Away!” when the lyrics are actually “Ghosts Appear and Fade Away!” Don’t even ask me how many “Misquoted Lyrics” I’ve sung over the years!

Anyway, Men at Work was an Australian band that released their first album, Business as Usual in 1981 and capitalized on it until 1983 when they won a Grammy Award for best New Artist for 1983. This album had a string of hits like, "Who Can It Be Now?", “Down Under" and "Be Good Johnny." Then, the band released their second album Cargo. It had actually been finished in the summer of 1982, but held for release in 1983 due to the phenomenal success of the band's debut. The new album produced three chart singles in the U.S. including "It's a Mistake", "Dr. Heckyll and Mr. Jive" and of course this hit….”Overkill!”

Ahhhhhh.....I miss the 80’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment