Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pablo Cruise! "Whatcha Gonna Do!"


Wow! Now this song brings back some memories of my childhood! The year was 1977! I was 11 years old but I remember it as if it was yesterday. All the trends that were going on at the time: Farrah Fawcett layered shag/flicked“wings” hairdo, bell-bottoms, platform shoes with the zipper on the side, sideburns and huge moustaches, and the dreaded short-sleeved t-shirts with personalized iron-ons!
I was just starting to appreciate music when Pablo Cruise, a pop band from the San Francisco Bay area hit it big in the late 1970s with, “Whatcha Gonna Do!” Just listen to the guitar solo!
Initially, there were tons of fans who wondered who Pablo Cruise really was. When they were asked the question, the band, which was a quartet, would answer, "he's the guy in the middle." When asked what Pablo Cruise meant, the band would say that "Pablo represents an honest, real, down to earth individual; and Cruise depicts his fun loving and easy going attitude towards life.”
Nice! I wish I still had my parent's 6 foot long Wooden Stereo Console with 8-Track System that had that mechanical click when switching programs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment